Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Aaron's First Birthday!!

Aaron turns one tomorrow, but his birthday party was this last weekend. Susan asked if I would make Aaron an Elmo cake(to go with the whole Elmo theme) and of course I said yes. I tried a new vanilla cake recipe as well as a new butter cream icing. The cake was good, but not the best. I made the cake two layers with an Elmo figure on top.  I made the Elmo out of rice crispy treats molded and covered in Fondant. I was worried that my red looked more pink, but it turned out nicely. Now I know it's not the best Elmo, but it's not bad for the first character I've attempted to make. =]

My next project is my bake sale!  Lots of delicious treats being sold to help end childhood hunger in America! Stay tuned!




1 comment:

  1. The Elmo did indeed look great! and it was just the right shade of red! ;-)

    looking forward to the rest of the Sesame st characters..how about bert and ernie next?!?

    ReplyDelete